SPEED READING FOR ACADEMICS
14th/15th November 2023
Zeit / Time
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Improved Reading Ost
Number of Participants
7 to 12
Room 321, 2th Floor, House 3, Ulmenstraße 69, 18057 Rostock
Doctoral candidates and postdocs
free of charge
Scientific work involves a significant amount of reading. How about increasing your reading speed by 25-100% (depending on text difficulty and English proficiency) while at the same time improving your reading quality…and boosting your reading motivation?
- Faster reading speed
- Better text comprehension
- Variation of different reading techniques and strategies
- Better concentration and motivation
- Special approaches towards scientific texts
Please be aware that this online course requires a high degree of self-discipline – for you to finish the course entirely, carefully follow the instructions and participate in at least the first and last online session. Only then can you expect a profound change of reading habits.
This course is an additional challenge for non-English native speakers. Good/very good English reading (not necessarily speaking) proficiency is expected (approx. B2 English language level), also for the Speed Reading Online course in English.
- PDF workbook (German/English) including the complete course theory
- Series of 12 e-mails (“Transferimpulse”, in German) sent out immediately after finishing Speed Reading Online which help you apply the learnt techniques/strategies in your everyday reading (optionally)
- Alumni website (in German) containing training material and tools is freely accessible for all former participants
- Refresher events (as online courses and classroom trainings in Berlin) – free of charge for all former Improved Reading course participants
Many practical exercises and tests and well-dosed theoretical input.
Prepare yourself for an intense training experience that requires your willingness to change long-term reading behavior and to consistently work on the online training for the duration of three weeks.
Bisherige Teilnehmer*innen über den Kurs / Previous participants about the course
"I'd never expected such an increase in reading speed."
"The coach is doing this course for about 15 years and you notice this. The course is well structured without giving the participants thefeeling that he is just going through a list."
"The course was interactive, with carefully balanced theory and practice."
"The instructor was able to keep us engaged. He was always very kind and welcoming towards the question we had."
"The course was very diversified, between practical and theoretical contents. So it was easy to stay motivated."
*Conditions for Participation
Members of the Graduate Academy can use their virtual member budget to cover the course fees. The registration for the workshop is binding. Our conditions for participation apply.