Project Services Centre for Research, Teaching and Transfer
Servicezentrum Projekte für Forschung, Lehre und Transfer
By installing the ‘Project Services Centre for Research, Teaching and Transfer’, project management at the University of Rostock has been reorganised. The Services Centre combines all of the services provided by the central university administration that cover all of the relevant administrative processes for gaining, taking on, managing and ending projects from an administrative point of view.
The Project Services Centre provides services for scholars, project managers and the university governance, as well as for providers of external funds and third parties. The range of services includes:
- Information and advice during the planning phase of projects and for the raising of external funding
- Contractual agreements, including tax-related aspects, calculation of the budget, limitation of risks, terms of partnership agreements, governance structures, time plans, terms of payment, exploitation of the results, etc.
- Information and advice for the person responsible for the project during the project realisation period, administrative supervision of the project/project controlling, as well as preparation and support for auditing processes carried out by the providers of external funds/auditors.
In terms of hierarchy, the Service Centre is on the same level as the central university administration’s divisions and answers directly to the Registrar (Head of Administration and Finance).
Team Manager Project Acquisition
- General matters of the Project Services Centre and the Project Acquisition Team
- Research matters
- Research funding and advice for proposals: EU, international
- Research database
- Research reports
- Research-based trade fairs
Team Manager Project Controlling
- General matters of the Project Services Centre and the Project Controlling Team
- Responsible for project management processes
- Project controlling for the Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences
- Project controlling for projects of particular importance:
- Collaborative Research Centres
- Research Training Groups
- Projects that are part of the State Excellence Initiative funded by the ESF (European Social Fund in Germany)