Application for Human medicine and Dentistry in the first semester of study
Selection criteria for the calculation of the admission mark
► Admissible vocational training for applications in Human medicine and Dentistry
Legal basis of the approval procedure
Twenty percent of the study places will be assigned by best graduate quota and twenty percent by waiting period. The remaining sixty percent will be assigned by a set selection procedure of the respective university. To participate in the selection procedure of the University of Rostock you have to possess a grade point average of 2.3 or higher and select Rostock for position 1 or 2 as preferred place of study (pre-selection criteria).
During the selection procedure of the University of Rostock an admission grade is set which correlates in the first place with the average graduation mark of the higher education entrance qualification.
This admission grade can be improved in the following ways:
A) The results of the Test for medical studies (Test für Medizinische Studiengänge, TMS) will improve the admission grade
- by 0.3 with a test mark of 1 (which is equal to a test value of 1.0 to 1.5),
- by 0.2 with a test mark of 2 (which is equal to a test value of 1.6 to 2.5),
- by 0.1 with a test mark of 3 (which is equal to a test value of 2.6 to 3.5).
B) Graduation in a medical related vocational training with a final A-grade will improve the admission grade once by 0.3.
C) Graduation in one or more medical modules of a Junior studies (senior grade pupils) will improve the admission grade once by 0.1.
Through this an admission grade better than 1.0 can be reached.
Admission via hochschulstart.de will be solely for the university named as the preferred place of study, so you will not be assigned to an unwanted university.
Application procedure, periods and required documents
An application via hochschulstart.de is required in the first place.
If you intend to claim the admission grade bonuses listed under the points A, B and C you have to submit the following documents:
If you claim a bonus due to the Test for medical studies (TMS) you have to submit the respective documents along with your application on hochschulstart.de.
- If you claim a bonus due to a medical related vocational training or a Junior studies you have to submit the respective documents along with your application on hochschulstart.de as well as to registrar's office of the University of Rostock (Universität Rostock, Studierendensekretariat, 18051 Rostock):
- an attested copy of your certificate has to be submitted to the registrar's office of the University of Rostock until July 15th of the year,
- an informal letter with your name, mailing address, your applicant's number of hochschulstart.de and your course of study,
- if you raise a child, please submit an attested copy of the birth certificate to the registrar's office of the University of Rostock.
Follow the link to the application portal of the Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung (University Admissions Foundation): ► hochschulSTART.de
Application periods for Human medicine and Dentistry in the first semester of study
Prospective students who acquired their university-entrance diploma before January 16th of the year they intend to begin their studies can apply from May 1st to May 31st of the year (less recent graduates).
Prospective students who acquire their university-entrance diploma after January 15th of the year apply from June 1st to July 15th of the year (recent graduates).
Admission Limits for winter semester 2017/18
Admissions limits for the best graduate quota (20 %) and waiting period (20 %) are available on hochschulstart.de.
Admissions limits for the selection procedure of the university are based on the bonus improved admission grade (not your grade point average).
Admission grade: 1.2
Subsequent applicants with an admission grade of 1.2 had to be decided by drawing lots.
Admission grade: 1.5
Subsequent applicants with an admission grade of 1.5 had to be decided by drawing lots.
Admission limits from recent years
The selection procedure for Human medicine and Dentistry was changed in winter semester 2017/18. The admission grade is worked out according to altered criteria, selection interviews were annulled and applicants, who assigned the University of Rostock position 2 as preferred place of study, are accepted for the selection procedure. Therefore the admissions limits from recent years are no indication to assess your application chances.