Women Professors Programme II: 2015–2019
The University of Rostock did participate in the second round of the Women Professors Programme between 2015 and 2019. The equality policy has received favourable reviews, and two new female professors have been appointed. As a result, until October 2019, funding in the amount of € 720.000 has been made available for the implementation of equality measures.
These measures included:
- a fund for the advancement of women in science at the University of Rostock, consisting of two funding lines (short-term scholarships and subsidies for material resources)
- a fund for female junior scientists in their post-doc-phase
- a fund for the advancement of women in science with family responsibilities or extensive committee responsibilities ties (SRA-Fund)
- support of the Gender Research project group
- mentoring programme for female students in the so-called 'STEM subjects' (mathematics, computer science, natural sciences and technology)
- support of female leaders in science, e.g by way of coaching
The University of Rostock has applied for the third round of the Women Professors Programme. A final decision regarding the application can be expected by the end of the year 2019.