READ FAST AND EFFICIENTLY - SPEED READING
1.) 21.04.2021, 10 a.m. - 12 a.m.
2.) 27.04.2021, 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.
3.) 12.05.2021, 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
*For detailed information see Course Design - Overview
Improved Reading Ost
Number of Participants
7 to 12
The workshop is held online.
The GA accepts no liability under data protection law or otherwise.
More information will be provided after registration prior to the course.
Speed Reading Online Course: Optionally English or German
Three online sessions: English
doctoral candidates and postdocs
Course Design - Overview
1. Pre-course Webinar session (April 21st, 10-12 am)
- How to read scientific papers & how to improve concentration/motivation
2. Speed Reading Online Course (optionally English or German)
- Flexible training during 3 weeks, no fixed dates
- 10 units (45-60 min. each)
- 4 week long trainer accompaniment
3. Mid-course Webinar Session (April 27th, 6-7 pm)
- Half of the online course should be finished
- Feedback on everyday scientific reading
4. After-course Webinar session (May 12th, 10-12am)
- Efficient computer screen reading, Memory retention/Note-taking
- Feedback on everyday scientific reading & the Speed Reading Online course
Scientific work involves a significant amount of reading. How about increasing your reading speed by 25-100% (depending on text difficulty and English proficiency) while at the same time improving your reading quality…and boosting your reading motivation?
This training is based on the regular 2 day classroom training “Improved Reading”, but specially designed for participants working in their home office:
- Speed Reading Online Course incl. trainer accompaniment (either English OR German)
- Flexible times, to be finished within 3 weeks, 10 units, max 1h per unit
- Three online sessions (English) for direct group exchange and trainer support with special input on how to deal with scientific texts
- 1st online session: 2h on 21 April 2021, 2nd online session (feedback session): 1h on 27 April 2021, 3rd online session: 2h on 12 May 2021
- Optionally you can refresh your skills with an online and classroom refresher training free of charge after finishing the course
- Faster reading speed
- Better text comprehension
- Variation of different reading techniques and strategies
- Better concentration and motivation
- Special approaches towards scientific texts
Please be aware that this online course requires a high degree of self-discipline – for you to finish the course entirely, carefully follow the instructions and participate in at least the first and last online session. Only then can you expect a profound change of reading habits.
This course is an additional challenge for non-English native speakers. Good/very good English reading (not necessarily speaking) proficiency is expected (approx. B2 English language level), also for the Speed Reading Online course in English.
For detailed information on the course concept (in German) see: www.speedreading.berlin/speed-reading-online-plus-webinare
- PDF workbook (German/English) including the complete course theory
- Series of 12 e-mails (“Transferimpulse”, in German) sent out immediately after finishing Speed Reading Online which help you apply the learnt techniques/strategies in your everyday reading (optionally)
- Alumni website (in German) containing training material and tools is freely accessible for all former participants
- Refresher events (as online courses and classroom trainings in Berlin) – free of charge for all former Improved Reading course participants
Many practical exercises and tests and well-dosed theoretical input.
Prepare yourself for an intense training experience that requires your willingness to change long-term reading behavior and to consistently work on the online training for the duration of three weeks.
*Conditions for Participation
Members of the Graduate Academy can use their virtual member budget to cover the course fees. The registration for the workshop is binding. Our conditions for participation apply.