The Graduate Academy would like to support young scientists, whose research projects have got the same topic or are based on similar methodical approaches, in creating a network for specialist exchange.
Thereby, the Graduate Academy aims to promote the development of places of mutual scientific support and advice. In coordination with the Graduate Academy, workshops of methodology or symposiums can be organized that will be integrated into the interdisciplinary qualifying program of the Graduate Academy. The Graduate Academy acts in an advisory capacity (e.g. establishment of a SharePoint).
Precondition for the founding of a network is an overall central theme (topic and/or method) that connects the promotion or research projects of its members. To make it easier for potential interested parties to find connection points to their own promotion or research project, it is required to give a short description about planned orientation in regard to the content as well as the objection.
The network should consist of a minimum of 7 members with one PhD candidate or PostDoc to work as a contact partner. PhD candidates, Postdocs and interested parties in PhD can participate in the network as well.
The data to initiate the network is published on the website of the Graduate Academy and is advertised among the members and the supervisors of the Graduate Academy.
Interested parties register at the Graduate Academy (Registration). When at least 7 persons are interested in the network, the Graduate Academy invites to a kick-off-meeting. For the further development of the network its members are in charge.
ACTIVE NETWORKS OF YOUNG SCIENTISTS
Would you like to join an existing network? Please contact the respective person in charge.
Aims of the workshop are:
- the networking of qualifiers who work with Qualitative Content Analysis or are interested in it,
- joint interdisciplinary discussion on central methodological and methodic approaches of Qualitative Content Analysis,
- joint evaluation of data in the form of interpretation groups (e.g. interview passages, field reports, observation protocols, etc.).
To promote an interdisciplinary exchange, all interested parties are invited to participate in the workshop.
Uta Ziegler, Coordinator of the Graduate School of Teacher Education
Phone: 0381/498 2909
Aim: Let us improve statistical communication in the science region Rostock. We should better combine/exploit regional expertise in the fields of data science and statistics.
Thematic or methodical orientation:
- Collaboration in the field of data science and statistics
- Training in R and Python for statistics and data science
- Teach/apply concept of reproducible workflows in data science, e.g. Git for version control of programming code
- Follow idea of open data science, share your code, e.g. by using Jupyter Notebooks
Dr. Anja Eggert
Leibniz-Institut für Nutztierbiologie (FBN)
Institut für Genetik und Biometrie
Head of the Service Group Statistical Counselling
Tel.: +49 38208 68-903
REGISTRATION OF A NETWORK-INITIATIVE
You would like to form a network? We are pleased to accompany and support you. As a first step, we need some of your details. We will contact you.