Student Representative for the General Assembly of the Students (AStA) & Student Council (StuRa)
Students at the University of Rostock are represented by the Student Council (StuRa) and the General Assembly of the Students (AStA), two permanent advocacy groups for student interests. The StuRa is staffed by elected representatives from all faculties and convenes approximately once per month. Interest students can stand for election to the StuRa once per year, usually during the summer semester. The AStA, by contrast comprises students from various disciplines, each of whom has a specific scope of activities in relation to which they act as a contact point for all students.
Further information: http://asta-rostock.de/
The editing team of the Student Magazine heuler is, among others, part of the AStA.
Further information: www.heulermagazin.de
Student Representations at the University of Rostock
An overview on the student representations is provided here.
- Prorector for student affairs (student)
- Senate (four student senatories)
- Senate Commission (qualified student members)
- Council (22 student members)
- Student Union (six board members and one head of the board)
- Allocation Committee (one student member)
- Faculty Boards
- Institute Boards