Discovering talent. Finding patrons. Reaching the top.
The Deutschlandstipendium of the Federal Government is a national scholarship program for particularly talented and high-performing students at the universities of Germany. The University of Rostock is participating in this initiative since the winter semester of 2011/2012.
The Deutschlandstipendium is awarded to students who are expected to have outstanding achievements in their studies and careers. In addition to special achievements in school and/or studies different aspects are also considered for the awarding of a scholarship. For example the willingness to take social responsibility as well as overcoming biographical obstacles are criterias for the Deutschlandstipendium. The scholarship amounts to 300 Euros per month and is funded by private sponsors (companies, associations and individuals) as well as the Federal Government.
Further information from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research can be found here.
The private sponsors can express their wishes in which fields of study the donated scholarship should preferably be awarded to. Therefore, the scholarships are distributed differently among the faculties. After the announcement about how many scholarships are being awarded for the following winter semester, the fields of study in which scholarships are offered can be found on the homepage of the University of Rostock. Generally, one third of all scholarships are not tied to a specific subject area.
Applying for a scholarship
Applicants are students of all faculties and disciplines who are expected to have outstanding achievements in their studies and careers. The amount of a scholarship is 300 Euros per month. The scholarships are awarded for a period of two semesters. Granting of the scholarship requires that the beneficiary is enrolled as a full student at the University of Rostock at the beginning of the winter semester 2020/2021 and still needs at least two semesters to complete the studies. It is not possible to award a scholarships to PhD students.
Students apply online via: https://bewerbung.dstip.de/Uni-Rostock.
Applicants must submit the following documents online:
1. A motivational letter (two DIN A4 pages max., 1.5 line spacing, Arial, font size 12);
2. Personal data sheet (CV);
3. A university entrance certificate. Foreign certificates need to be translated according to the German system and the grades need to be converted to the German grading system;
4. Students of higher semester have to hand in the proof of academic achievements;
5. Master students have to submit in their first university certificate and (if applicable) proof of academic achievements according to the requirements of the master program;
6. (if applicable) the proof of a special qualification that led to the admission of study at the University of Rostock;
7. (if applicable) certificate of employment and internships as well as awards, prices or other skills;
8. Bank account details
The decision of the allocation will be done as quickly as possible.
Important: Students who already receive funding do not apply online. Please submit an application for extension. You will find all necessary documents on your first scholarship notification (Stipendienbescheid).
Information about the selection process
The University of Rostock conducts a decentralized preselection procedure:
1. Online application;
2. After the application deadline, the applications will be forwarded to the respective faculties;
3. The faculties submit proposals and a ranking of the applicants to the awards committee;
4. All applicants will be informed about the decision of the granting of the scholarships
At the University of Rostock the awarding of the “Deutschlandstipendium” takes place once a year. The result of the selection process is usually announced in late October.
Extension requests from scholarship holders
Upon a written request, the granting of a “Deutschlandstipendium” may be renewed, when the statutory requirements for the scholarship are fulfilled. The deadline for the submission of the request for a renewal is the 31st of July 2020. The further granting of a scholarship is subject to the sufficient amount of private and public funding that are available for the subsequent approval period.
The application must be submitted in writing with the following attachments:
- A short description of your further personal development since the granting of the scholarship. This should be related to your studies and can include your special personal circumstances;
- A short letter of recommendation including your personal and professional skills by a teacher by whom at least one exam has been taken;
- A report sheet of your studies (available to this date). This may also include internships, times abroad, field trips, etc. which will provide detailed information about the quality of your achievements.
Please state your current address and valid bank details with your extension request. If you exceed your standard period of study in the upcoming period of receiving the scholarship, please submit a written request with a justification simultaniously with your application for renewal.
If you should achieve your bachelor's degree within the current funding period and continue your studies in the master's program at the University of Rostock, you have to submit a new application via the online portal. An application for an extension will not be considered.
The complete documents can be submitted via E-Mail to deutschlandstipendiumuni-rostockde
A big thank you to our 32 patrons, who support the students of our university with a scholarship from the Deutschlandstipendium program in the academic year of 2020/2021!
- apo Bank-Stiftung
- Brinkmann GmbH
- Centogene GmbH
- Cheplapharm Arzneimittel GmbH
- CORTRONIK GmbH
- Creditreform Mecklenburg-Vorpommern von der Decken KG
- Debeka-Landesgeschäftsstelle Schwerin
- Dentallabor Güstrow MV GmbH
- Die Rostocker Wurst- & Schinkenspezialitäten GmbH
- E.W. Kuhlmann-Stiftung
- ECOVIS Grieger Mallison Management AG
- ENEX Finanzpartner und Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH
- eno energy GmbH
- Evonik Stiftung
- Gecko mbH
- Gesellschaft der Förderer der Universität Rostock e.V.
- Gesellschaft für Gesundheit und Pädagogik mbH
- GICON - Großmann Ingenieur Consult GmbH
- Hilfsfonds der Lions-Freunde Rostock e.V.
- INNOMAR Technologie GmbH
- Sana Krankenhaus Bad Doberan GmbH
- Metallbau Kettner GmbH
- Miltenyi Biotec B. V. & Co. KG
- Neptun Ship Design GmbH
- OstseeSparkasse Rostock
- RO-DENT Rostocker Dentallabor GmbH
- SEAR GmbH
- Sigi und Hans Meder Stiftung
- Stadtwerke Rostock AG
- WIRO Wohnen in Rostock Wohnungsgesellschaft mbH
- WEMAG AG
Number of scholarships provided for the Deutschlandstipendium program 2020/2021
In the winter semester 2020/2021 65 scholarships (date: 08.10.2020) are provided for applicants:
24 scholarships are not tied to a specific faculty and are awarded proportionately to students from all faculties.
41 scholarships are offered to students of the following faculties:
- Faculty of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering - 6 scholarships
- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences - 9 scholarships
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Ship Technology - 9 scholarships
- Faculty of Arts - 3 scholarships
- University Medical Center Rostock - 5 scholarships
- Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences - 8 scholarships
- Faculity of Law - 1 scholarship
- Faculty of Theology - 0 scholarships
- Faculty of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences - 0 scholarships
The number of scholarships that can be granted in the Deutschlandstipendium program from the University of Rostock will constantly be updated in the course of the funding period, when new sponsors and scholarships could be acquired.
Phone: +49 381 498-1324
Adress: Parkstr. 6 | 18057 Rostock
Please make an appointement beforehand.