Non-German prospective students without any German university entrance certificate or who haven't graduated from a German institution of higher education yet have to apply for all courses of studies (without master courses with local admissions restrictions) via the University Application Service for International Students (UNI-ASSIST) only.
Applicants of the EU or the EEA who seek to apply for Human medicine and Dentistry will have to apply via ► hochschulstart.de.
Medicine and Dentistry (State examination)
Application period winter semester: 1 May to 15 July each year.
Application period summer semester: The University of Rostock in the summer semester does not accept applications for most of undergraduated courses.
To support the application for a degree in human medicine and dentistry, information on the particular motivation is possible.
In order to use this, please fill out the form "Particular motivation information" and send it together with the documents required for application to UNI-ASSIST.
Study courses of the Faculty of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
Before the application via Uni-Assist you have to inform yourself about the exactly application process on the sites of the Faculty of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering.
Application period summer semester:
1 Oktober to 30 November each year
Application period winter semester:
1 April to 31 May each year
Details on required documents
Your application process will be Online via Uni Assist. Please submit the application for your chosen course of study along with all necessary certified documents on schedule to UNI-ASSIST.
Please note, that your application for admission to German university can only be processed if all necessary documents are handed in timely to UNI-ASSIST.
Please submit the following documents:
- copies of your educational background certificates such as from secondary school, university entrance exams, academic records of prior university semesters and other university reports and diplomas
- proof of pre-check of the German embassy (APS-Zeugnis) for applicants from China, Mongolia and Vietnam
- a copy of your certificate of sufficient German language skills as required for the requested course of study. Please note, prospective students for Human medicine and Dentistry must prove German language skills on level C1 of the CEFR. Further information about proving German language skills can be found ► here.
- German or English transcripts of all your documents
- complete curriculum vitae from the age of 16 with date and signature
Details on attested certifications can be found ►here.
Applications via UNI-ASSIST will be made online. Please follow the application sequence under the link: uni-assist.de/online