Personnel documents for future employees
Schwaansche Str. 2
A personnel file is created for all employees of the University of Rostock. The legal basis for the collection of employee data in the application and recruitment process is the Federal State Civil Service Act (Landesbeamtengesetz; LBG) and the Civil Service Collective Agreement for the Federal States (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst der Länder; TV-L). The handling of employee data is governed by the provisions of the Federal State Data Protection Act (Landesdatenschutzgesetz; DSG M-V). All employees have the right to inspect their personnel files or to obtain information regarding the storage of their personal data.
The following documents become part of the personnel file or are required so that we can arrange for your pay to be paid by the State Finance Office (Landesamt für Finanzen). For the following linked documents you will always find the English translation first, followed by the German form.
Please always print and sign only the German pages, the translation is only intended to help you understand the documents.
Please make copies of all original documents and bring the originals with you to sign the contract, so that we can record that the copies match the originals.
- Personal information form
- Criminal record certificate (original, can be submitted later)
- Civil status certificates
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Children’s birth certificates (if applicable)
- Proof of nationality or presentation of passport or identity card
- Residence title (Aufenthaltstitel) (if applicable)
- Evidence of educational qualifications, if available:
- School-leaving qualification
- Vocational training
- Degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Diploma, Technical College)
- Career and state examinations
- Doctoral certificate
- Post-doctoral qualification
- References from previous employers, if applicable
- Proof of military or civilian service (certificate of integration into civil service (Eingliederungsschein), if applicable
- Application for approval of secondary employment, if applicable
- Health insurance membership certificate with social security number (§175 SGB V) (to be handed in personally to the HR department)
- Application to include periods in the period of employment (Please be so kind and take printed and signed the first and the second page to the personnel department(please always print, sign and return to the HR department)
- Declaration of bank details
- Declaration regarding VBL Supplementary Pension (Please be so kind and take printed the first page to the Personnel department)
- Declaration regarding the review of exemption from insurance or insurance obligation for full- or part-time employment
- Excerpt from personal ID for employee (LBSA 2020) sent to the HR department (please print out and complete two copies)
- Contract for deposit under employer-sponsored savings plans for specific purposes (vermögenswirksame Anlage) with deposit receipt, if applicable
- Holiday certificate from previous employer, if applicable
- Declaration regarding the allowance for the health insurance contribution, if applicable (form from your health insurance company).
Informations about the VBL (Federal and State Employee Pension Fund), VBLclassic and VBLextra can be found right here. Please clarify any issues with VBL directly in advance.
Please note that, due to the processing deadlines, only a proportion of your salary may be paid in the 1st month of your employment.
Service for you: University Welcome Center
To prepare for and complete your stay at the University and in Rostock, please contact the University Welcome Centre: https://www.welcome-center.uni-rostock.de/en/
The Centre provides information about applying for a visa, looking for accommodation and work permits, as well as advice about Ph.D. requirements, arrival, immigration law, translation offices, addresses of authorities and offices, language courses, cultural events, sports activities and discussion groups.
Support and assistance are provided for filling in forms, finding accommodation, child care and a service to accompany you to all authorities and offices.