Personnel documents for future employees
Schwaansche Str. 2
A personnel file is created for all employees of the University of Rostock. The legal basis for the collection of personnel data in the application and recruitment process is the State Civil Service Act (LBG) and the collective agreement for the public service of the Länder (TV-L). The handling of personnel data is determined by the provisions of the State Data Protection Act (DSG M-V). All employees have the right to inspect their personnel file or to receive information about the storage of their personal data.
The documents listed below become part of the personnel file or are necessary so that we can arrange for the payment of your remuneration by the State Office of Finance.
For new hires, all documents must be submitted in full.
In the case of re-employment, the following documents must be resubmitted:
- In the case of an interruption of one day or more, only one re-registration with the VBLextra is necessary, provided that you were a scientific employee at the University of Rostock during your last employment and had opted for the VBLextra (form see. "Only for academic employees" - Application for insurance with the supplementary pension scheme). Please refer to your VBL documents for information on whether you were insured under VBLextra or VBLklassik. Other documents or forms are only necessary if there have been changes since your last employment (e.g. marriage, change of bank details, etc.).
- After an interruption of 6 months or longer, please resubmit all documents and forms (except for certificates and civil status certificates that you had already submitted in the past).
Please always print and sign only the German pages, the translation is only intended to help you understand the documents.
Please prepare copies of your educational certificates or your academic certificate (e.g. Bachelor's or Master's degree) as well as (if available) your doctorate and additionally take the originals with you to the signing of the contract so that we are able to note the compliance with the original. All other certificates and documents may be submitted as copies.
We kindly ask for your understanding that the forwarding of certificates obtained at the University of Rostock by examination offices etc. to the Personnel Department is not possible due to data protection reasons.
- Personal information form
- Photograph (optional)
- Criminal record certificate (original, can be submitted later)
- Civil status certificates
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Children’s birth certificates (if applicable)
- Proof of nationality or presentation of passport or identity card
- Residence title (Aufenthaltstitel) (if applicable)
- Evidence of educational qualifications, if available:
- School-leaving qualification
Original and copy:
- Vocational training
- Degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Diploma, Technical College)
- Career and state examinations
- Doctoral certificate
- Post-doctoral qualification
- School-leaving qualification
- References from previous employers, if applicable
- Proof of military or civilian service (certificate of integration into civil service (Eingliederungsschein), if applicable
- Application for approval of secondary employment, if applicable
- Application to include periods in the period of employment (Please be so kind and take printed and signed the first and the second page to the personnel department (please always print, sign and return to the HR department)
- Declaration of bank details
- Declaration regarding VBL Supplementary Pension (Please be so kind and take printed the first page to the Personnel department)
- Declaration regarding the review of exemption from insurance or insurance obligation for full- or part-time employment Note: It is not necessary to submit a membership certificate from the health insurance company, but the exact name of the health insurance company must be given in the declaration for checking the exemption from insurance.
- Excerpt from personal ID for employee (LBSA 2020) sent to the HR department (please print out and complete two copies)
- Application for insurance with the supplementary pension scheme (Please be so kind and take printed and signed only the second page to the personnel department.)
The VBL insurance is a compulsory insurance that every employee hired under the collective agreement must take out at the start of the contract.
Academic employees can decide whether they wish to switch from compulsory insurance to voluntary insurance (VBLextra). A general exemption from the VBL is not possible; instead, only the compulsory insurance (VBLklassik) is converted into a voluntary insurance (VBLextra). The application must be submit within 2 months of the start of the employment relationship at the HR department.
When your employment relationship begins (in the case of new employment or reemployment with an interruption of one day or more), you will initially be registered with the VBLklassik. If you apply for exemption from compulsory insurance in the supplementary pension scheme, you will be (written) deregistered from the VBLklassik and (written) registered with the VBLextra with a slight delay. If you have any further questions or require more detailed information on the subject of VBL, please contact the VBL directly.
- Contract for deposit under employer-sponsored savings plans for specific purposes (vermögenswirksame Anlage) with deposit receipt, if applicable
- Holiday certificate from previous employer, if applicable
- Declaration regarding the allowance for the health insurance contribution, if applicable (form from your health insurance company).
Service for you: University Welcome Center
To prepare for and complete your stay at the University and in Rostock, please contact the University Welcome Centre: https://www.welcome-center.uni-rostock.de/en/
The Centre provides information about applying for a visa, looking for accommodation and work permits, as well as advice about Ph.D. requirements, arrival, immigration law, translation offices, addresses of authorities and offices, language courses, cultural events, sports activities and discussion groups.
Support and assistance are provided for filling in forms, finding accommodation, child care and a service to accompany you to all authorities and offices.
The collective agreement (TV-L) and the current pay tables are available online.
Please refer to the VBL (Versorgungsanstalt des Bundes und der Länder), VBLclassic and VBLextra for information regarding the VBL. Please clarify any questions in advance directly with the VBL.
For further details on the topics of pay grades/pay grades, payroll accounting, annual special payment, anniversary bonus and capital formation benefits, we recommend that you visit the pages of the State Office of Finance (LAF).
Please note that due to the processing periods in the 1st month of your employment, only a discount on your salary may be paid.