All enrolled PhD students of the University of Rostock who have signed a supervision agreement are invited to become a member for the Graduate Academy. In addition, all PostDocs of the University of Rostock (including University Medicine Rostock) may be eligible for membership within the first six years after the doctorate.
1. You prepare the following documents:
- Supervision agreement, following the recommendation of the German Research Association
Sample of the Supervision Agreement
- Enrolment as PhD student at the University of Rostock, available for download here:
2. You send the membership application together with you supervision agreement and certificate of matriculation to the Graduate Academy
After sending the membership application and the required documents, you receive a confirmation per Mail and access to the Sharepoint of the Graduate Academy and Graduate Council. At the Sharepoint you can see the current balance of you virtual account.
Postdocs can also become a member of the Graduate Academy.
Preconditions for a membership as Postdoc are:
- Affiliation to the University of Rostock including the University Medical Centre (academic work with employment contract or with research scholarship)
- doctoral degree, not longer than six years ago at the point of application
- copy of doctoral certificate (in case doctorate was done outside the University of Rostock)
The membership becomes active after the written confirmation of your membership.
The financial support for PhD members ends with the receipt of the doctoral degree. Postdocs are supported to a maximum of six years after receiving their docotoral degree.
In case you end your doctoral project earlier, please tell us immediately grada(at)uni-rostock(dot)de.
The offers of the Graduate Academy are open to non-members as well. A support is not possible though.
The supervision agreement should follow the recommendations of the German Research Association.
Here you find a sample:
Sample of the Supervision Agreement
You can adapt the sample of the supervision agreement individually with you supervisor.
With the beginning of your membership in the Graduate Academy you get a membership account with virtual budget. Doctoral candidates have 1500,-€ at their disposal, postdocs 1000,-€.
The budget can be used for financing the following activities:
- Qualifying courses offered by the Graduate Academy as part of the qualification program
- At request:Qualification measures not offered by the Graduate Academy (languages courses, collegiate didactic courses, special research methods and IT courses)
- At request:Trips to specialists conferences with active participation
Detailed information about promotion, periods, application forms and explanatory leaflets can be found here:
- It is not necessary to apply for the financing of courses from the qualification program of the Graduate Academy. With the application, costs incurred will be debited from your virtual membership budget.
- The financing of external qualifying measures up to 500 EUR, i.e. for offers outside the Graduate Academy, is possible after your request. These include language courses of the Language Centre, Collegiate didactic courses and special Research methods as well as IT courses within you qualification (PhD, Postdoc phase). Further information about the application of external qualifying measures can be found on an extra explanatory leaflet. The application must be handed it via the application portal of the Graduate Academy.
- Travel allowance for the participation at specialist conferences are possible at your request to a maximum of 500 EUR. The Graduate Academy expects the applicant to apply for alternative financing opportunities first or rather the proportional financing participation by the associated institution. Further information to the application of travel allowances can be found on an extra explanatory leaflet. The application must be handed it via the application portal of the Graduate Academy.
Head of the Graduate Academy
Phone: +49 381 498-1022
Phone: +49 381 498-1327
Phone: +49 381 498-1605