We begin working on your application as soon as we have received the complete set of documents listed above. Your learning agreement/study programme must be approved by the appropriate department here, after which you may receive a letter of acceptance.
Please note that the application process can take up to four weeks, and in certain cases, longer.
You can email us anytime with questions about the application process!
Winter Semester: July 15 of the same year
Summer Semester: January 15 of the same year
Further information about the schedule of events
for the semester and lecture times
can be foundhere.
Please send us the complete set of the following documents before the application deadline:
1. Application for guest study at the University of Rostock
3. Proof of sufficient language ability (FAQ)
4. Learning Agreement/Study Programme: list of courses that you would like to take at the University of Rostock
- Erasmus+ students receive this form from their home universities
- Students studying as guests through one of our university partnerships or as Free Movers can use the Study Programme form.
5. Confirmation of living arrangements: confirmation from the offices of “Studentenwerk” of your application for a room in the student dorms, or confirmation from you, that you will privately undertake the search for a room in the city.