A residence permit is the permission from the government to reside in Germany for the duration of study.
Non-EU citizens: After arriving in Germany, you must apply at the Migration Office for a residence permit for study. You must bring the following documents to the Migration Office:
- Valid Passport with Student Visa
- Biometric Passport Photo
- Student ID or Certificate of Enrolment from the University of Rostock
- Proof of Sufficient Funds
- Proof of Valid Medical Insurance in Germany
- Valid Rental Contract for Living Arrangements
EU citizens who wish to stay longer than three months in Germany must register instead with the Resident Office/City Office in Rostock.
The official notice of acceptance as a student to the University of Rostock will allow you to receive a student visa for entering Germany. You can find further information about applying for a visa on the websites of the DAAD, the Foreign Office, and the Germany embassy in your own country.