FAQs/ Information for international students

General Questions about International Issues


Full-Degree Students - Enrolment

  1. Where can I get information about the enrolment?
    You should have gotten information by email. If you have further questions please contact the Registrar's Office by email:
    Or by hotline: +49 381-498-1230 (Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.)


Erasmus/ Guest Students:

  1. Can I cancel/ postpone my Erasmus plan for the summer term?
    We needed to cancel the Erasmus/Guest student stay for the summer term. It is possible to postpone it to the winter term. If you want to do so, please contact us at this email: incoming.rihuni-rostockde


Ph.D. Students/Guest Scientists

  1. I am a new Ph.D. Students/ Guest Scientist – who should I contact?
    Please contact your supervisor/ your professor in order to know the best time for coming to Rostock. Please contact the Migration Office (Alien's Registration Office) by email to get your residence permit (or to extend it) and ask for the right form (could be different to students’ form): migrationsamtrostockde
    For further questions, please contact the Welcome Center: welcome-centeruni-rostockde


Visa/ Residence Permit (Non-EU-Students)

  1. I am already in Germany. The immigration offices have been closed. So I cannot get my residence permit or extension of the permit on time. Who should I contact?
    No student will have disadvantages in this situation. If you need to apply for a residence permit or the extension of it, please write to the Migration Office (Alien's Registration Office) by email and fill in the relevant form.
    You will find the form on this webpage on the right-hand-side (do not switch to English or you will be transferred to another webpage). The form itself is bilingual (German and English):
    Please fill in the form, sign and scan the document and send it to:
    Explanation to fill in form of residence permit

  2. Is there a general decision that my visa will be automatically valid for another month?
    No, there is no automatism – you need to apply for the residence permit/ extension.

  3. I am a student at the University of Rostock but I am currently in my home country and my residence permit will expire before I get to Rostock. What should I do?
    Please contact the German Embassy or German Consulate General in your country.


Language Center

  1. Can I register for courses of the Language Center
    Yes registration is possible 16th of March – 14th of April 2020
    Due to the current coronavirus situation, courses will probably not start until 20/04/2020.
    Placement tests cannot take place. Please click on REGISTRATION and choose a course that you find suitable depending on self-assessment:

Student Dormitory

  1. What should I do if I already got a dorm from the beginning of April on?
    Please write an email to the “Studierendenwerk”. Due to the Corona Virus it is only possible to reach them by email. Please write to the person/ tutor named in your welcome email/letter.
    You will find all contacts here:

  2. I am not registered as student yet – can I move into the dorm?
    You can move in with your admission letter of the University of Rostock

  3. How can I move in my apartment while the office of the Studierendenwerk is closed?
    Please contact the person in the mail/welcome letter or on the contact webpage of the Studierendenwerk.

  4. Further questions?
    Please write an email to the Studierendenwerk Rostock-Wismar:


Exams and Teaching Activities


Zurück zu allen Meldungen